By: Matt Erickson | August 26, 2016 6:00 pm
Invicta FC’s returns next month with a pair of title fights at the top of the bill, and now the rest of the card has taken shape.
Invicta FC 19 has six new fights, including the pro MMA debut of muay Thai and kickboxing standout Tiffany Van Soest.
Also headed to the card is a bantamweight bout pitting Irene Aldana(5-2) vs. Faith Van Duin (6-2); Manjit Kolekar (8-0) vs. Kaline Medeiros (7-4) and Van Soest (0-0) vs. an opponent still to be determined at strawweight; Julia Jones (4-0) vs. Stephanie Skinner(4-5) at atomweight; Amy Coleman (2-0) vs. Amber Leibrock (1-1) at featherweight; and Sunna Davidsdottir (0-0) vs. Ashley Greenway (1-0), also at strawweight.
Mexico’s Aldana, who had to miss out on Invicta FC 18 when Talia Santos was pulled from the card, returns against Van Duin, of New Zealand. Van Duin drops down to bantamweight after a 45-second TKO loss to featherweight champ Cristiane Justino in July 2015.
Van Soest has been tearing things up for Lion Fight for years, where she is a two-time featherweight (125 pounds) champion, and also the super bantamweight (120 pounds) titleholder. Now she’ll test her skills in the Invicta cage.
The Invicta FC 19 card now includes:
- Jennifer Maia vs. Roxanne Madafferi – for interim flyweight title
- Ayaka Hamasaki vs. Jinh Yu Frey – for atomweight title
- Irene Aldana vs. Faith Van Duin
- Manjit Kolekar vs. Kaline Medeiros
- Tiffany Van Soest vs. TBA
- Julia Jones vs. Stephanie Skinner
- Amy Coleman vs. Amber Leibrock
- Sunna Davidsdottir vs. Ashley Greenway