The blackberries make it autumnal, but feel free to go with any berry you run into at the market. Keep in mind, this is a drink that requires a good, fierce muddling. If you want to do it the fancy way, crush the berries with a tablespoon or so of water and then strain out the seeds before proceeding with the drink. If you want to, you can run a little water or lime around the rim of the rocks glass and dip it into sugar before you pour in the cocktail to give it a pretty edge. –MissGinsu
- 6-8plump blackberries
- 1teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2lime, cut into 3 wedges
- 2ounces cachaça (or substitute white rum)
- 3/4cup ice cubes
- In a shaker or pint glass, muddle/mash up the blackberries and the sugar with two of the lime wedges.
- Add the cachaça or rum and the ice. Cover well and shake vigorously.
- Remove and discard the crushed lime wedges. Pour the mixture into a rocks glass and use the remaining wedge of lime as a garnish.